- Create ad campaigns: Set objectives or an overall goal for your ad, define the audience you want to reach out to (ad placement, setting a budget and scheduling ads), and design the ad itself (formatting, uploading photos and videos, adding text and links).
- Manage more than one ad at once: You can manage and edit both active and inactive ads. Once you’ve made any edits, you then have the option to publish changes straight away or save changes and publish at a later date.
- See how your ads perform: You can look at the analytics and view up-to-date data on the performance of your ads. This may help you to determine what ad campaigns went well and where improvement could be made in the future.
Now that you know the benefits of using Facebook Ads Manager, here are the steps you can take to set it up:
- Create a business page for your account.
- Confirm your Facebook Ads Manger account details.
- Set up your first ad campaign using Facebook Ads Manager.
- Decide upon the objectives of your campaign. Is this ad an awareness campaign (are you trying to generate knowledge and interest in your product or service?), consideration campaign (this is all about engagement and encouraging people to click on specific links to find out more information or what you’re offering), or a conversion campaign (encouraging potential customers to make a call-to-action)?
- Decide on your audience in Facebook Ads Manager (define your target audience). This could be by location, age, language, education, interests and behaviours.
- Use the detailed targeting option to focus in on who you want your ad to be seen by.
- Choose your placements and set a budget for your ad campaign. Using Facebooks Ads Manager means you have total control on how much you want to spend on each ad. You can have a daily media spend or a lifetime media spend.
- Design your ad within the Facebook Ads Manager tool (single image– versatile and a great place to start when first using Facebook Ads Manager , single video– allows you to tell an engaging story , slideshow– this is a looping video ad with up to ten images, carousel– an ad with ten scrollable photos or videos or collection-combines both photos and videos and can be displayed in full-screen, adding interactivity between you and the customer).
- Publish your ad.
Once your ad is live, it’s a good idea to monitor its performance as it will help you to determine whether you want to increase your budget on a certain ad if it appears to be performing well, or whether you want to decrease expenditure on some of your ads if they aren’t performing as well as you may have hoped. You’ll want to look at the number of clicks on the ad, number of impressions, and conversion rate.