Power Hour 17 | Demystifying Finance for Freelancers and Sole Traders
Friday 31st July 2020, 12:00 on Zoom
Special Co-Host: Azim, Karimjee, The EPS Partnership
Understand your financial performance and manage your time efficiently to achieve your financial goals.
We all recognise that ‘time is money’ but when you’re under pressure to deliver and you have to do it all, it’s easy to lose focus. You can’t see the wood for the trees! Sound familiar – this session will provide you with some insights and some tips to stay in control of your finances, know whether you’re doing well or badly and pay the right amount of tax.
By following some simple steps, you will be better placed to make your finances work for you and not the other way round. Say goodbye to working all the hours you can only to be told 3, 6 or even 12 months later by your accountant that you didn’t make enough money or that you have a tax bill you weren’t expecting! This session will help you to understand:
1. Context | Why is finance important and what you need to focus on
2. Purpose | Link your finances to your goals
3. Success | Define what success means for you
4. Plan | Map out the performance you want
5. Focus | Ensure that you do the things that contribute to your success
6. Measure | Keep track of the right things
7. Review | Monitor results and take appropriate action to achieve your goals
How does it work?
Every Friday at 12:00 we hold a Zoom training session (Power Hour) focusing on a specific aspect of digital marketing. The key points are then transformed into a “Bitesize Marketing Guide” each with a dedicated page including step-by-step marketing guides plus Q&As with local business experts and advisors.
Using the same principles that we apply to our own marketing campaigns and client projects, you will get practical advice that has been proven to deliver results. The aim is to bring together decision-makers from across London to learn new skills, with the opportunity to network with over 270 qualified attendees and counting.
Why Bitesize Marketing Guides?
These guides are carefully designed to give business owners and marketing teams a solid foundation and free tools to develop their own campaigns. Each topic is separated into bite-size chunks with clear action points and no jargon so they can be implemented by anyone.
We cover topics such as Website Design, SEO, Social Media, Networking, Sales Funnels and more. Building a comprehensive reference point over time, driven by your shared challenges theoruby.com/marketing-guides.
How do I get involved?
1) Subscribe for free marketing guides and exclusive content at theoruby.com/news
2) Join the live Zoom events every Friday at 12:00 at theoruby.com/events
3) Network with our local business community facebook.com/groups/enterprisenetwork
4) Get a free 1-2-1 Digital Marketing Clinic* via Zoom by emailing [email protected]
*These are bespoke sessions to review your website and marketing activities or solve a specific challenge. Limited to one place per week with a free 3-month action plan and a follow-up call.
Speaker / Contributor Callout
We are always looking for key speakers and contributors to add to the series. Please get in touch if you have valuable knowledge or practical skills to share with our community.
Connect with us on Linkedin Linkedin.com/in/theoruby